Greetings

THANK YOU! for visiting our blog. We’re glad you’re here. Please choose your choice of reading material by clicking on the above tabbed menu.

INSPIRE

It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes life worth living.

ASPIRE

The higher you aspire, the more you grow.

INQUIRE

Feel free to leave a comment or suggestions and forget not to share our articles!

ADMIRE

Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation.

Come and see us again soon!

Now that you’re an insider, you can expect exclusive eMail from 8th Canvas delivered right in your inbox by subscribing to our blog.

Swatches [1st ed]

Hi all,

I have finally kept half of my promise for my 1st ed of swatches. Im not a pro when it comes to self pampering but in recent times I have taken effort to indulge myself in a little bit to the feminine part of me by giving into my long time desire of trying on different shades of lacquer. It is fun. Lacquers are gorgeous :D

The disclaimer here would be just that my swatches would be brief on the shades I try on, their consistency, drying time, ease of application and overall appearance. There are plenty of blogrolls dedicated to lacquers, 
8 thCanvas  is not one of those, though. I would be publishing the swatches from my personal collections whenever I get the time to do so, of course. Who knows maybe in future if I end up getting into swatches too much I might even start a blog just for lacquers! *JK*

I'd be rating all the lacquers I publish here as numerals between 1-5. The maximum of 5 is given based on the 5 criteria I evaluate them on (stated above).

For the record : A seal for the good times :D

First up: OPI Banana Bandana
I know although this color is a bit of "not-for-daily-use" tint. I have to admit despite initial skepticism about it, I totally adore the shade. It is a bit of pain applying it : took me 4 application to get smooth streak-less finish! but I guess at the end its worth it. I do hope that the formulation could go for an improvement though :P

1 Rimmel base coat & top coat, 4 coats of OPI Banana Bandana. 
8 thCanvas Rating : 2 Shade/Overall appearance.



Next up : Jade is the new Black, China Glaze Lightening Bolt Crackle collection.
Jade is the new black is a very fascinating green I must say. I love the oriental and mysterious shine it radiates:) This is my first shot at crackle polish variety. Lightening bolt is of rather thick consistency. Im not sure if all crackle collections are like that. Dries pretty quickly and just wait a few seconds for it to crackle then apply top coat after drying. Relatively Easy. Nice shade of white complements most colors. Im not very impressed with the crackle effect of this due to the fact that the crackle effects are rather verticle and not blotchy. I prefer it to be "spots".


1 Rimmel base coat & top coat, 2 coats of OPI Jade is the new black, 1 coat of CG Lightening Bolt.

8 thCanvas Rating (OPI JITNB): 5
8 thCanvas Rating (CG LB): 2 Shade/Ease of application






Moving along: OPI Tickle My France-Y

This is yet another awesome versatile color!  I love how it matches all occasions yet very subtle. Mainstay in my collection, definitely!

1 Rimmel base coat & top coat, 2 coats of OPI Tickle Me France-Y

8 thCanvas Rating : 5




Last but not least: OPI Rumple's Wiggin' from Shrek Forever After collection
This is a soft lilac purple but i must say its a very subtle pastel. Ease in application. 1 coat does the job, 2nd coat for mere perfection.





1 Rimmel base coat & top coat, 2 coats of OPI Rumple's Wiggin' from Shrek Forever After collection.

8 thCanvas Rating : 5



That's it for now. Thanks for tuning in! Don't forget to look out for our next edition of lacquer featuring nail varnishes :)

till next time,
Take Care.



2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Jade is the new Black, China Glaze Lightening Bolt Crackle collection, is mad ugly looks like theres a nail infection. But I just love the OPI Tickle My France-Y, the models hand looks fantastic!

  2. Anonymous says:

    Jeez chica, Love the yellow! brings out the best in me! I have just the thing to describe- Cachondo!! (no pun intended)

Now it's your turn to talk!